Fancy polishing your skills? We have a couple of places open for our
17th international masterclass
“the most thorough, intensive and inspiring class!”
Now entering its ninth year, our Radom masterclass continues to offer great teaching combined with extensive working time with an exceptional orchestra – a highly motivated ensemble which participates actively in the learning process.
- Over 175 minutes orchestra time (active participants)
- Hotel and half-board included
- Performance in the Krzysztof Penderecki Concert Hall
- Professional photography and HD video
- Website Level 2 member access for one year
In order to make all this possible we keep the class small – not more than nine active participants – and the time allocation with the orchestra is generous: 175 minutes for each active participant.
The class is structured to include significant preparation prior to the six days of work with he orchestra. Once we start with orchestra the schedule becomes quite intensive – from Monday to Friday we have two sessions per day followed by discussion and analysis. Active participants are expected to prepare all the works on the list and will have the opportunity to conduct most of them.
As with all our classes, our key objective is that participants leave with enhanced skills and understanding, together with knowledge of how to continue to develop their skills to maximum advantage. All sessions at Radom are recorded in HD video and we have the services of a professional photographer both for classes and the final concert.
CA Radom should be a must for all conductors of any level.
This class truly gives you something to think about for a long time….
What we learn here goes beyond what most people consider possible.
This is a course for people who want music to be the best it can possibly be – for the orchestra, for the composer, for the audience and for themselves.
Classes start on July 1st and the concert will be on July 8th.
Radom Chamber Orchestra
- Bartok – Divertimento
- Beethoven – Symphony No 2*
- Elgar – Serenade for Strings
- Grieg – Holberg Suite
- Karlowicz – Serenade for Strings*
- Parry – An English Suite
- Accompaniments (to be arranged)
* Score available from Conductors’ Academy
All classes and rehearsals are held on stage at Radom City Hall. The concert is held at the wonderful new Krzysztof Penderecki Concert Hall.
“The rooms are comfortable and breakfast is excellent but, more importantly, the staff work extra hard to make us welcome and help us with whatever we need.”
Lunch is provided at a nearby restaurant every day except the concert day. Dinner with the orchestra is provided at the start of the week and after the concert.
Please note that all meals have a fixed menu – we will try to accommodate any special dietary requirements but they must be notified in advance
- Hotel for 9 nights with half-board
(shared room, including breakfast and one other meal every day)
- Welcome dinner with the orchestra
- Closing party after the concert
- Tea, coffee and bottled water in rehearsal breaks
- Video recording of lessons and final concert
- Professional photography
- Access to online information and materials for one year
Active – £1,599 / Passive – £699
- Single hotel rooms are available for a supplement of £150.
- Previous participants of any CA masterclass receive a £100 discount.
- Passive places with a 50% reduction are available for Polish nationals.
Once paid all fees are non-returnable. We do understand that circumstances change, though, so in the event of any participant needing to cancel at any time then any payments made may be returned if the place is subsequently filled. Please note that such refunds are at the sole discretion of Classic Concerts Trust and may be subject to an administration fee.